Pages

Wednesday 23 December 2020

Gift Exchange


 


When this beautiful, gel-printed card arrived through the post recently from 'Tricia' I wondered who on earth she was, and how I had become lucky enough to receive it. Then I realised it was part of the Halifax Artworks Gift Exchange scheme I'd signed up for. Tricia makes cards to raise money for Maggie's Oldham. (View her cards here.) She is a very talented woman!

I wondered then what I could possibly share as my creative gift. At first, I thought I was not in the least bit creative, but on reflection tentatively decided to share some of my writing. I printed off some of my short stories and sent them to Matthew, whose address I had been given to me by Artworks. We are all creative and talented in some way and shouldn't be shy or dismissive of our own abilities. 

Writing Prompt:

  • What creative 'gift' could you share with someone this Christmas? Don't be modest. Think about what you can create: a poem, a picture, a card, some kitting or crochet, some embroidery, a piece of writing, maybe just a postcard with a personal message. You are creative, talented, special and wonderful. Write about your creative talents now for seven minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment