Pages

Monday 19 April 2021

A Blackbird Singing

Photo by Rainhard Wiesinger on Unsplash   

As I returned from an early morning walk on Saturday, and climbed the cat steps towards home, I stopped and listened to the beautiful song of a blackbird. He sat in a tree above my head, and went through his whole repertoire - sweet, melodious and relaxed. When I returned from my evening walk, via the same route, there he was again, in exactly the same spot. singing his heart out. It was as though he was proclaiming to the whole community, "Here I am! Your resident songster. Let me soothe you with my melodies." 

Take a listen (link below) and see if your are soothed.


Here is another link to R.S.Thomas's lovely poem 'A Blackbird Singing'

Writing Prompts:
  • Write down what comes to mind when you listen to the blackbird.
  • Write about the sounds that you find soothing. 
  • If you were a bird sitting in a tree, what melodious words message would you give you give to the world?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment