Pages

Sunday 30 October 2022

Right to Speak

 
https://unsplash.com/@brett_jordan
 
Right to Speak


Where is my right to speak? 
Who said you can take my voice?

When did I give you permission? 
When did I give you the choice?

It’s unfair I can’t have my say; 
you silence me with your power.

All you can say to this is 
‘Cometh the man, cometh the hour.’

You’re no hero of mine, 
you’re no hero at all.

Let me make my own decisions, 
and if I’m wrong I will fall,

but at least it will be my truth 
and not someone else’s way.

Give me back the right to say 
what I want to say!

You stifle me with your loudness. 
You will stop me at all cost.

Where is my freedom of speech? 
Where is it lost?

I hope that in the future 
this problem will be solved,

because the only way forward for this world
is if we are all involved.

 

Thank you to Sam for this poem in response to my recent post about democracy.






No comments:

Post a Comment