Pages

Tuesday 16 January 2024

Faltering Resolutions?

 

 https://unsplash.com/@helloimnik

"I am resolved—that vows like these,
      Though lightly made, are hard to keep;
Wherefore I'll take them by degrees,
      Lest my backslidings make me weep.
One vow a year will see me through;
And I'll begin with Number  Two."
 
 (from 'New Year Resolutions' by Rudyard Kipling)

Did you make any new year resolutions? If so, how are they going now that we are half way through January? Are you sticking to that new diet, keeping going with the daily exercise regime, managing to cut down on sugar, caffeine, nicotine, alcohol?! The chances are that you're already faltering. Click here to read about the psychology of why resolutions often fail. 

Instead of making resolutions, based on everything you think you failed at in 2023, why not use what you did last year as base to make your life better in the months ahead?

So, if you want to have a better year in 2024 than you did in 2023 try these writing prompts:

  • What would you do more?
  • What would you do less? 
  • What would you do differently? 
Share any thoughts by clicking on 'no comments' below.  

No comments:

Post a Comment