Pages

Thursday 29 April 2021

Be Proud of Yourself


 "Be proud of every scar on your heart; each one holds a lifetime's worth of lessons." (Wallace Stegner)

I found this little family on the canal bank at Carnforth. The mother duck looked, understandably, very proud of her achievement. Sometimes though, it's hard to see our achievements, and much easier to focus on all our mistakes and wrong decisions. We can lean towards the negatives, rather than the positives in our life. 

Writing prompts:

  • Make a list of all the things you have achieved in the past seven days, no matter how small. Choose one of them and write about it in more detail. How did it make you feel? Why was it important?
  • Make a list of five things you have achieved in your life that you are proud of. Choose your biggest achievement and write about it. Pat yourself on the back, and offer yourself congratulations while doing so.
  • Make a list of the 'scars on your heart'. Choose one of them and write about why you might be proud of it and what lessons it taught you. Set a timer for seven minutes so you know when to stop. 
Please share your thoughts in the comments box below, so that I know you are out there!



2 comments:

  1. Τhings I did and I am proud of the last week (let's see what I can do here..!):

    - I helped my mom to make one very traditional but difficult dish for Orthodox Easter.
    - I bought a great gift to my godson and he loved it.
    - I socialized with strangers and we ended up having some great conversations and connecting with people after a long time.
    - I spent a whole day with my little nephew having the greatest time ever.
    - I had a fun night with parents, laughing out so loud.
    - Ι started having a morning routine which I enjoy a lot.
    - I supported a friend who's having a hard time.


    5 achievements I am proud of:
    - I have worked a lot with my body figure and my weight, resulting in a good healthy shape and a balanced diet.
    - I have recovered from the serious insomnia issue (lasted 1 year and so) I was having 2 years ago.
    - I am proud and happy to say I have a handful of beloved friends whom I love and trust them with my life.
    - I have started writing poems and short plays putting my thoughts and words out.
    - I have worked with myself a lot the last 2-3 years with significant results.

    That's all on my side :) Thank you for the opportunity to share all these! Looking forward to more of your prompts :)
    Kind Regards,
    Vicky Prokopi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky,I have only just seen your comment (and those of other people)! I found them quite by chance as I am not be notified by email for some reason when someone leaves a comment. I need to investigate my settings. Thank you for these wonderful thoughts. Looking forward to hearing from you again. Where are you based?

    ReplyDelete