Pages

Monday 26 July 2021

Accidental Learning

 

Photo by Manny Becerra on Unsplash

"Each day I move toward that which I do not understand. The result is a continuous accidental learning which constantly shapes my life." Yo-Yo Ma

I learnt two new, random things today: the meaning of the word 'alexithymia' and the identity of a beautiful moth outside my back door, a Swallow-tailed (Ourapteryx sambucaria). This was 'accidental learning', and I think that Yo-Yo Ma may be right that our lives are being constantly shaped such small discoveries, be they trivial or complex.

Writing prompts:

  • Make a list of of the things, so far this week, that you have not understood, maybe events, words,  emotions or perhaps even another person. How did not understanding make you feel? 
  • Make another list of all the things you have 'accidentally' learnt this week. Write about how what you learnt might effect your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment