Pages

Monday 5 February 2024

29 Miles in February

 My dad, Raymond Edward Nolson

"I know three people who have got better after a brain tumour. I haven't heard of anyone who's got better from Alzheimer's." Terry Pratchett

"I don't have Alzheimer's. I have part-timer's." Glen Campbell

"Dementia is often regarded as an embarrassing condition that should be hushed up and not spoken about. But I feel passionately that more needs to be done to raise awareness, which is why I became an ambassador for the Alzheimer's Society." Kevin Whately
 

"Everyone's dream is to take a pill - take a pill every day so you won't have Alzheimer's." Paul Allen

My dad had Alzheimer's towards the end of his long life, so this month I'm fundraising for Alzheimer's Research. 

I started out trying to raise £100 by completing 29 miles in the 29 days of February. I've already reached my target, so have increased the amount I hope to raise to £350 and the miles I hope to complete to 129. 

Lots of generous people have already donated. Please give a little if you can so that we can try to find a cure for this awful disease. Here's a link to my JustGiving page:

https://www.justgiving.com/page/judith-boardman-1704910629974

Click here to learn more about Alzheimer's.

Click here to read about Memory Tree which offers dementia support in Bradford.

Writing prompts:

  • Set a timer for six minutes and write about someone you know who has, or had dementia. 
  • Getting Alzheimer's disease is one of my greatest fears. What is yours? Write about it for a few minutes.
  • Have you ever raised funds for charity? If so, write about the experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment